Full & Partial Dentures Berkeley, CA
Advances in medicine now help people live longer than ever. This is great news, but what does it mean for your oral health?
Every day, your teeth withstand significant wear and tear. With good oral hygiene and regular dental visits, you can expect your teeth to last a long time. But as you age, there will be a point when, even with diligent dental care, your teeth start to wear and break down, leaving you with gaps in your smile
Restore Your Smile with Dentures
As a prosthodontist, Dr. Amy Au has extensive skill and experience in creating natural-looking dentures that restore function and improve your appearance.
We offer several different types of dentures to meet the unique needs of our patients:
- We use complete removable dentures when all the teeth in an upper arch, lower arch, or both are missing.
- Partial dentures are designed to fit in and around your existing teeth and are secured to adjacent teeth using metal clasps.
Both types of dentures are removable, which up until recently, was your only option. Today, of course, we have access to a broad range of high-quality materials that make your removable denture more comfortable and attractive than you ever thought possible.
While removable dentures are still a good choice for many people, adding dental implants takes the fit and comfort of dentures to a whole new level.
- Overdentures are complete dentures that fit over edentulous arches and are stabilized with dental implants.
- Fixed Complete or All-on-4 dentures are secured with four dental implants placed at various points along your jaw. We design the denture with attachments that fix onto the implants to hold them securely in place.
Getting dentures is a big decision, and many people are overwhelmed by the thought of having to go without teeth. We don’t want you to avoid treatment because of aesthetics, so we also offer:
- Immediate dentures, which are designed to be placed on the day you have your teeth extracted. As your jawbone heals, immediate dentures will need to be relined to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Transitional dentures, which are placed shortly post-extraction, will be replaced by a permanent prosthesis after the jawbone has healed.
The Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
As you can see, dental implants play a prominent role in the design of dentures. When you choose implant-supported dentures, you can expect your new teeth to:
Maintain Bone Levels: Shortly after a tooth is lost, the lack of a root leads to deterioration of the jawbone. Dental implants preserve bone levels and provide a long-lasting, secure foundation that is similar to healthy teeth.
Fit, Look, and Function Like Natural Teeth: Implants are anchored deep in the jaw, and fixed dentures perform better than traditional removable dentures. This improves function and enables you to eat foods similarly to as if you had your natural teeth.
Maintain Structural Integrity of Your Face: Implants support your facial structure by preventing bone deterioration that occurs when teeth are lost. This is especially important if you have multiple missing teeth. Supported facial tissues, both hard and soft, can maintain your youthful appearance.
Superior Quality Dentures
Dr. Au works with only the most highly skilled technicians in the Berkeley area who customize the shade, shape, and positioning of the artificial teeth in your denture to our specifications. Your dentures will look great AND feel comfortable because they are made specifically to fit the shape of your jawline and gums.
You can be confident that your new dentures will look and feel as close to natural teeth as possible.
Please Call to Learn More
Are you ready to see how state-of-the-art dentures at Berkeley Prosthodontics and General Dentistry can help you? Just give us a call, and we will be happy to get you started with a dentures consultation.